Saturday, January 10, 2009

Microcontroller - Camera Interface

Ok... I've had the microcontroller for about a week and decided that a cool project would be to create a way to interface the computer to my camera. Since I'm not just an ordinary geek, I decided to add a few twists.

1. The interface must look like a camera on the screen (with similar buttons)
2. The interface must be configurable from within the program (for flexibility)
3. The interface must be able to have some logic built in to prevent erroneous entries

Setup:
1. I used Microsoft Visual Basic Express 2008 to create the interface.

2. I grabbed an image of my camera (Canon 400D) and photoshopped it to remove existing buttons.

3. I searched on Google to figure out what the heck I was doing.... (<--amateur coder here) 4. Obsessively design code / interface day and night. (barely slept for 4 days....ugh)
The back of my camera looks like this image

Here is the initial draft of the interface without buttons


And here is the initial iteration of the program with the buttons



Not too shabby for my first time....
(although I'll probably change it a hundred times..... )

No comments:

Post a Comment